Robots are been used worldwide as an effective tool for disaster response and prevention. The goal of this project is to build an integrated system to control a team of heterogeneous robots (aerial, boats, land) and alert systems.
The figure below shows an overview of the system using two agents (UAV and USV) and an intelligent sensor.
Main topics of interest:
- hardware, control, middleware, computer vision for robotics
- path planning methods
- automated planning for single and multiple agents
- coordination of multiple and heterogeneous robots
- statistical and computational methods for flood forecasting
Main areas of application:
- monitoring infrastructure for distaster prevention
- robotic disaster response team
Undergraduate, master, phd, pos-doc positions are available. Interested students must send CV to one of the coordinators/collaborators.